1. Synthetic elements with atomic numbers greater than 93 (Transuranic)
5. This law states that the properties of elements repeat as a function of their atomic number (Periodic)
7. Silicon is in this period (Three)
8. Elements were originally placed in order of atomic __, now they are in order of atomic __. (Mass number)
9. The group that consists of very unreactive gases (Nobles gas)
10. Number of elements known in 1800 (thirty six)
13. Element 101 was named in his honour (Mendeleev)
17. The periodic table is normally drawn with 18 columns. A more acurate representation has ___ columns (Thirty two)
19. Most nonmetals are in this state (Gaseous)
20. Nonmetal that is a liquid at SATP (Bromine)
21. The general name given to a column in the periodic table (Group)
22. According to figure 6, when aluminum combines with oxygen, three oxygen atoms combine with this many aluminum atoms (Two)
2. Elements that most closely follow the periodic law (Representative)
3. The first scientist to organize elements based on repeating patterns (Dobereiner)
4. The modern name for eka-silicon (Germanium)
6. Most elements are ___, since they fall to the left of the “staircase line” (Metals)
11. The general name given to a row (left-to-right) in the periodic table (Period)
12. Iodine belongs to this group (Halogens)
14. The first alkali metal (Lithium)
15. This element was assigned a relative atomic mass of one because it is the lightest element (Hydrogen)
16. The state of matter represented by (aq) (Aqueous)
18. Silicon is in this group (IVa)
20. The staircase that separates metals and nonmetals begins below this element (Boron)
This 35 question Periodic Table Crossword with ANSWER KEY provides a fun way to review the main terms and concepts learned in the Periodic Table. This is a great and simple in class or homework assignment, and also works well as a test prep.
TERMS AND CONCEPTS COVERED:
periodic table, group, period, Dmitri Mendeleev, alkali metals, alkaline earth metals, halogens, noble gases, transition metals, atomic number, atomic mass, element symbol, element name, staircase, metals, non-metals, metalloids, left, right, group one, group two, group seventeen, group eighteen, seven rows, hydrogen, water, fluorine, francium, down, up, actinides, lanthanides, rare earth metals, eighteen-sixtynine
SAVE 35% WHEN YOU PURCHASE THE PERIODIC TABLE LESSON BUNDLE.
This product is a part of a lesson bundle containing 8 resources on the Periodic Table. When you purchase the bundle, you are getting a comprehensive set of tools to teach and engage all types of learners. You also get a 35% discount off of all the items.
The Periodic Table - LESSON BUNDLE 35% OFF = $16.67 (A value of $25.65)
ALL THE INDIVIDUAL PRODUCTS ON THIS TOPIC AND IN THE LESSON BUNDLE:
The Periodic Table - PowerPoint Lesson To watch this CLICK HERE.
The Periodic Table - PowerPoint Lesson Worksheet
The Periodic Table - Review Worksheet
The Periodic Table - Crossword
The Periodic Table - 48 Task Cards
The Periodic Table - Jeopardy PowerPoint Game To watch this CLICK HERE.
The Periodic Table - Terminology Review PowerPoint Game
The Periodic Table - Quiz
CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO SEE ALL MY PRODUCTS: