Il School Code Residency Personal Statement

We received a variety of questions during our recent residency­ verification process. Here are answers to the most commonly asked questions.

Rationale for the Process

Q: Why are you doing this?
Illinois public schools are mandated by the Illinois School Code to ensure that students attending the school district on a tuition­free basis are residents of the district. While the law does not dictate how a student’s residency within the district should be determined, the mandate to ensure students attending our school are residents is the basis for our residency verification process. Our school board has also made residency verification a priority to ensure limited resources are only used to educate students who lawfully reside within our district boundaries.

Q: I have lived in the district for many years and pay a lot of money in taxes. Why do I have to do this?
Tenure in the district was not a factor in our determining who was required to participate in our residency verification process. We double checked every student’s address against an independent database derived from public records. Any family with an inconsistency between these two sources is asked to verify their residency. We greatly appreciate the ongoing support of our taxpayers in the district. Still, we felt that the inconvenience of residency verification is outweighed by the benefits of ensuring that only families who live in and are residents of the district have access to our schools.

Confidentiality and Security

Q: Why do you need my confidential information?
We do not need your confidential personal information (e.g., bank account number, credit card numbers). The residency guidance from the Illinois State Board of Education requires that we offer the choice of many forms of documentation to prove residency. You have two choices if you are concerned about sharing sensitive personal information:

1) You may redact all personal information except for your name and address on any bill you provide us, or

2) you may choose other forms of residency documentation that do not contain sensitive personal information.

Q: Who can see my information?
Once we gather the residency verification information it becomes part of the student’s record. The records and information contained in the student’s school record is protected so that only staff that has a legitimate educational interest may view it. Normally, the only people who need to see the residency verification supporting documents is the registrar, administrators, and residency compliance officers.

Q: What security measures do you have in place to ensure the protection of my personal information?
We have a host of network security protocols in place to protect the information contained within a student’s record. In addition, the documents and information gathered resides on servers within the premises of the district and access is only provided to staff that has a legitimate educational interest in viewing such information.

Information Requested

Q: Why do I have to sign the Attestation Form?Isn’t it against the law to ask that parents sign this?
An attestation is your statement that the information you are providing as the basis for residency and receiving the tuition­ free educational services of our school is true. It is not against the law to ask you to sign such an affidavit.

Q: There was a question on the enrollment under the residency section that asked if the child received any social support—is this just for residency?
Yes. You would go through a separate process at the time of fee payment to apply for financial assistance.

Students with Special Circumstances

Q: How does this process affect homeless students?
Homeless students do not have to go through the residency verification process.

Q: How does this process affect undocumented students?
We have provided a choice of submitting many forms of documentation to demonstrate residency so that an undocumented family may still prove that residency within the boundaries of our district regardless of immigration status.

Family Participation in the Process

Q: Why do you need me to come in to verify my residency?
Providing us information to verify residency is necessary for families to receive tuition­ free educational services from our school. At this time, our procedures require families to come in and present this documentation.

Q: Isn’t there an easier way to verify my residency without me coming in?
Based upon feedback from families and our experience from the first year of this process, we are investigating ways to make this process more convenient while not sacrificing the integrity of the residency verification process. Most documents can be emailed, faxed or mailed to our district registrar.

Cost/Benefit and Business case

Q: How many students are attending who aren’t residents of our district?
While exact numbers are extremely difficult to estimate, we reviewed several hundred residency cases during the 2012­/2013 school year. In the process of questioning and investigating, some families voluntarily withdrew their students from our school, while others were determined to be non­-residents consistent with the procedures in the Illinois School Code. We estimate that we discouraged or actively blocked 75 students who were not residents of our district from attending school this year.

Q: Are all the people here on the payroll?
We used a combination of internal staff and external experts to run our residency process. The internal staff was chosen because of familiarity with our systems. The external staff members were brought in as they have expertise in examining residency documentation and investigating these cases.

Q: Does catching non­-residents actually save money?
It costs approximately $10,000 a year to educate a student at Oak Lawn­-Hometown School District 123. If we take a conservative estimate of 50 students who would have attended but were turned away or determined to be non­-residents, this amounts to approximately $500,000.

Q:  Is Participation in this Process Mandatory?  What if I refuse to participate? How can you keep my student from attending a public school if I choose not to go through this process?
If you choose not to participate, you would be considered a non­-resident and therefore not entitled to the tuition­ free educational services of the district.


Parents are required to register their children for school each school year. Registration of returning students is available online in the spring from the District 59 website homepage under Skyward Family Access. New student registration begins in February and continues through August. Specific dates and times may be obtained by calling your local school or the District office at 847-593-4300. Children may be registered in a District 59 school only if their parents/guardians/legal custodians are legal residents of School District 59. Returning students entering 3rd and 6th grades must re-submit residency verification prior to being registered. Separate residency rules apply to homeless students and students eligible for special education services. Any questions regarding residency should be directed to the Educational Services Department at 847-593-4354.

Only students who are residents of the District may attend a District school without a tuition charge, except as otherwise provided by law. A student’s residence is the same as the person who has legal custody of the student.

A person asserting legal custody over a student, who is not the child’s natural or adoptive parent, shall complete a signed statement, stating: (a) that he or she has assumed and exercises legal responsibility for the child, (b) that the child lives with him or her for reasons other than to have access to the educational programs of the District, and (c) that he or she exercises full control over the child regarding daily educational and medical decisions in case of emergency. In addition, the child’s natural or adoptive parent, if available, shall complete a signed statement or Power of Attorney stating: (a) the role and responsibility of the person with whom their child is living, and (b) that the person with whom the child is living has full control over the child regarding daily educational and medical decisions.

The Illinois School Code provides that a person who knowingly or willfully presents false information to the District regarding the residency of a student for the purpose of enabling the student to attend the schools of the District without the payment of nonresident tuition is guilty of a Class C misdemeanor. If the Superintendent determines that a student already enrolled is not a resident of the School District, notice of the decision and an opportunity for a hearing shall be given, a hearing held before the Board or its hearing officer if timely requested, and a decision made in accordance with the procedures specified in the School Code. The student may be unenrolled and tuition charged for the period of non-residency, if non-residency is found by the Superintendent, subject to appeal to, and/or affirmation by the Board. However, pending any appeal to, and/or affirmation by the Board of the Superintendent’s determination of non-residency, a student enrolled and attending school in the District may continue to attend school. The person responsible for the student is responsible for tuition pending an appeal if non-residency is found by the Board, as well as tuition for the entire period of non-residency.

In determining whether a student is a resident of the District, the District will require a student to re-prove residency upon enrolling, at kindergarten, at third grade and at sixth grade. The District may conduct a residency investigation before and/or after his/her initial enrollment.


Families moving into District 59 during the summer may register their child at the School District Administration Center on designated dates or at his/her designated school of attendance during the regular August registration period.

Parents who will be out of town during the regularly scheduled dates for summer registration should contact their local school the first week of August.

Parents/Guardians of students enrolling in the District for the first time must present:

1. A certified copy of the student’s birth certificate.
2. Proof of residence, as required by Board policy 7.60, Residence.
3. Proof of disease immunization or detection and the required physical examination, as required by State law and Board policy 7.100, Health, Eye, and Dental Examinations; Immunizations; and Exclusion of Students. Information regarding additional health examination requirements will be made available to parent(s)/guardian(s) upon enrollment.


Maps of the School District are available at all District 59 schools, the Administration Center and online at If you have a question concerning a school boundary assignment, please contact the Transportation Facilitator at the Administration Center at 847-593-4379.


The Building Principal shall assign students to classes. Program placement may determine a student’s attendance center.



For students transferring into District 59, the grade placement by a previous public school of attendance will be accepted.  Grade placement by a non-public school will be accepted if the school has a Certificate of Nonpublic Recognition from the Illinois State Board of Education, or, if outside Illinois, the previous school of attendance is accredited by the state agency governing education.

Students who transfer from a non-recognized or non-accredited school will be assigned to a grade level according to their age or academic proficiency as demonstrated to the Principal or designee.  Grade placement is at the sole discretion of the District, and all school and class assignments will be made according to School Board policy 7:30, Student Assignment.


All children residing in School District 59 must be five years old on or before September 1 of the current school year to be eligible for kindergarten. Parents/guardians of enrolling kindergarten students must provide a certified copy of a governmentally- issued birth certificate. When a certified copy of the birth certificate is presented, the school shall promptly make a copy for its records, place the copy in the student’s temporary record, and return the original to the person enrolling the child. Hospital birth certificates and baptismal certificates will not be accepted. If you do not have a legal birth certificate for your child, we suggest that you request one immediately by using a request form available at each of the schools. If a birth certificate is not available, then other proof of the child’s identity and age and a sworn statement explaining why the birth certificate cannot be produced must be provided to the Principal or designee. A parent may request early kindergarten admission for a child who does not meet the age eligibility requirement. Specific criteria must be met, which includes providing compelling evidence that the child is exceptionally advanced in school readiness relative to the children who are of kindergarten age. Requests for early admission to kindergarten should be made to the Executive Director for Student Growth and Accountability at 847-593-4305. For additional information on the criteria and application process, please access the District 59 website:


Children entering first grade must be six years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year. A parent may request early first grade admission for a child who does not meet the age eligibility requirement. Based upon an assessment of the child’s readiness, a child may be allowed to attend first grade if he or she attended a non-public preschool, continued his or her education at that school through kindergarten, was taught in kindergarten by an appropriately licensed teacher, will be six years old on or before December 31, and meets additional criteria established by District 59 which includes compelling evidence that the child is exceptionally advanced in school readiness relative children who are of first grade age. Requests for early admission to first grade may be made to the Executive Director for Student Growth and Accountability at 847-593-4305. For additional information please access the District 59 website:



Students transferring from another school district must present a Student Transfer Form (or the equivalent out-of-State form) from their previous school indicating whether or not they are “in good standing,” i.e., not currently suspended or expelled or subject to suspension or expulsion, and whether or not their medical records are up-to-date and complete. Academic and health records should also be requested from the previous school. Forms for this purpose are provided at each of the schools at time of registration.

All transfer students serving terms of suspension or expulsion from any public or private out-of-state or Illinois school must serve the entire duration of the suspension or expulsion and meet all applicable residency requirements before being enrolled in Community Consolidated School District 59.

Where the duration of the transferring student’s suspension or expulsion is not indicated, the Superintendent will recommend, and the Board of Education will determine, the duration of the suspension or expulsion. Expulsions of indefinite duration shall not exceed two years from the date of the expulsion.

Parents may request a review of their child’s expulsion from a transferring school only where:

(a) the prior expulsion was issued by a private school, and
(b) the prior expulsion was for reasons other than the student’s misconduct or disciplinary record.

The request for such a review must be made to the Superintendent who may recommend to the Board of Education that the student be enrolled before the expiration of the expulsion.
Where an appropriate program is available, the Board of Education, in its discretion after considering the recommendation of the Superintendent, may place the transfer student in an alternative program for the duration of the student’s suspension or expulsion.



When a child is to be transferred out of District 59, it is necessary to notify the school office as early as possible and provide your new address. A parent/guardian will need to sign the Consent for Release of Information form which can be obtained from the school office. A signed Consent for Release of Information form will allow the school to transfer copies of school and medical records to the child’s new school.

Students moving to another Illinois public school must present a Student Transfer Form to the receiving school indicating whether or not the student is “in good standing” and whether or not the medical records are up to date and complete. The Student Transfer Form is available from your child’s school. For transferring junior high students, a student will check out of each class while progressing through the class schedule during the last day of attendance. The school office will then provide the student with the Student Transfer Form. No public school district is permitted to admit a new student unless the student can produce the Student Transfer Form from the student’s previous Illinois public school district.

A student whose family moves out of the District during the school year is permitted to attend school for the remainder of the school year without payment of tuition. Transportation of the student to and from school shall be the responsibility of the parent or guardian.


A student’s parents/guardians may request the student be transferred to a District school other than the one to which the student was assigned. Procedures for processing a transfer request within the District are in accordance with Board Policy 7.30, Student Assignment, and accompanying regulation/exhibits. Students who are granted a transfer within the District shall be responsible for their own transportation.

Open Transfer Procedures

Each year by May 1st a parent or guardian must complete and file the Open Transfer Request Form for the upcoming school year with the Office of the Superintendent.

The Administrative Leadership Team will review:
a. parent rationale
b. analyze the educational setting
c. availability of space
d. availability of support services.

The Office of the Superintendent will determine if there exists the availability of space and the necessary support services at the school of the proposed transfer for the school term.
The Superintendent will be responsible for making the final determination on the open transfer request.

Parents will be notified of the decision prior to the end of the current school year for students in grades 1-5. Kindergarten requests will be finalized in August, after the summer registrations have been processed.
If a transfer is approved, it shall be the parent’s responsibility to provide transportation for the student to and from school.

If a transfer is not approved for the upcoming school year, the student will attend his/her assigned school, regardless of the student’s current District school of attendance.

It is a parent’s responsibility to ensure his/her child is on time for school and picked up promptly after school each day. Transportation to and from the school for approved open transfer students is the parent(s) responsibility. Transportation, paid for by the parent(s), may be available if the student can walk to an existing bus stop.


The District accepts nonpublic school students, including parochial and home-schooled students, who live within the District for part-time attendance in the District’s regular education program on a space-available basis. Requests for part-time attendance must be submitted by the nonpublic school principal to the principal of the school in the school attendance area where the student resides. All requests for attendance in the following school year must be submitted before May 1.

Students accepted for partial enrollment must comply with all discipline and attendance requirements established by the school. A part-time student may attend any co-curricular activity associated with a District class in which he or she is enrolled. The parent(s)/guardian(s) of a student accepted for part-time attendance is responsible for all fees, pro-rated on the basis of a percentage of full-time fees. Transportation to and/or from school is provided to nonpublic school students on regular bus routes to or from a point on the route nearest or most easily accessible to the nonpublic school or student’s home. This transportation shall be on the same basis as the District provides transportation for its full-time students. Transportation on other than established bus routes shall be the responsibility of the parent(s)/guardian(s).

Students With a Disability
The District will accept for part-time attendance those students with disabilities who live within the District and are enrolled in nonpublic schools. Requests must be submitted by the student’s parent(s)/guardian(s). Special education services shall be provided to such students as soon as possible after identification, evaluation and placement procedures as provided by State law. Transportation for such students shall be provided on the same basis as the District provides transportation for regular education part-time students, unless otherwise required by the child’s individualized educational program on the basis of the child’s disabling condition or as the special education program may require.


Homeless children may attend District schools when: (a) they resided in the District’s attendance area when permanently housed or last enrolled in school; or (b) they are currently living within the District’s attendance area. A homeless child shall be immediately admitted, even if the child or child’s parent/guardian is unable to produce records normally required for enrollment, such as proof of residency, medical records, or other documentation.

Homeless students shall be provided equal access to all educational programs and services for which they are eligible and that non-homeless students enjoy including transportation services, educational services, and meals through school meals programs. Homeless students will not be stigmatized by school personnel.

Further information regarding the educational rights of homeless students may be obtained by contacting the District’s Homeless Student Liaison:

Karen Starr
Assistant Superintendent for Educational Services

Return to Index

Inscripción y domicilio

A los padres de les exige que inscriban a sus hijos en la escuela cada año. Las inscripciones para los estudiantes que retornan a las escuelas del Distrito están disponible a través de Internet en la primavera, visitando la página cibernética del Distrito y haciendo clic en el enlace Skyward Family Access. Las inscripciones para los nuevos estudiantes comienzan en febrero y continúan hasta agosto. Las fechas y los horarios se pueden obtener llamando a la escuela local o a la oficina del Distrito al (847) 593-4300. Los estudiantes solo pueden inscribirse en una escuela del Distrito 59 si los padres o tutores legales son residentes legales del Distrito Escolar 59. Los estudiantes actuales que ingresen al 3er y 6to grado deberán volver a presentar la verificación de domicilio antes de inscribirse. Reglas diferentes les aplican a los estudiantes que no tienen hogar y a los estudiantes elegibles para recibir servicios de educación especial. Cualquier pregunta relacionada a la residencia deberá ser dirigida al Departamento de Servicios Educativos, llamando al (847) 593-4354.

Solamente los estudiantes que son residentes del Distrito pueden asistir a las escuelas del Distrito sin pagar colegiatura (matrícula), a menos que la ley estipule lo contrario. El domicilio del estudiante es el mismo que el de la persona que tiene la custodia legal del estudiante.

Una persona que reclame la custodia legal de un estudiante, que no sea la madre o el padre adoptivo o biológico del estudiante, debe firmar una declaración indicando: (a) que él o ella ha asumido la custodia y ejerce la responsabilidad legal del niño, (b) el niño vive con él o ella por otros motivos que no son el de tener acceso a los programas educativos del Distrito y (c) que él o ella posee control total sobre el niño respecto a la educación diaria y las decisiones médicas. Además, la madre o el padre biológico o adoptivo del niño deberá completar una declaración firmada o un poder notarial que indique (a) el papel y la responsabilidad de la persona con quien vive el niño(a) y (b) que la persona con la vive el niño(a) tiene total control sobre el niño en lo que respecta a las decisiones educativas y médicas diarias.

El Código Escolar de Illinois establece que toda persona que, a sabiendas o intencionalmente, presente información falsa al Distrito sobre el lugar de residencia de un estudiante con el propósito de permitir que el estudiante asista a las escuelas del Distrito sin pagar la cuota de colegiatura (matrícula) de los estudiantes que no son residentes del Distrito es culpable de un delito menor del tipo C. Si el Superintendente determina que un estudiante que ha sido inscrito no es residente del Distrito Escolar, se le proporcionará notificación de la decisión y la oportunidad de asistir a una audiencia ante la Junta de Educación o un oficial examinador de la Junta, si se solicita oportunamente, y se tomará una decisión acorde con los procedimientos indicados en el Código Escolar. El estudiante podría ser removido y se podría cobrar por el período al que asistió a clases sin ser residente, si el Superintendente establece que no tenía domicilio, sujeto a apelación y/o afirmación de la Junta de Educación. No obstante, un estudiante que esté inscrito y asista a una escuela en el Distrito puede continuar asistiendo a clases mientras esté pendiente de una apelación y/o afirmación de la Junta de Educación. La persona a cargo del estudiante es responsable por la colegiatura, sujeto a apelación si la Junta de Educación encuentra que no tenía domicilio, al igual que la colegiatura por el periodo completo que asistió en la escuela como estudiante no residente del Distrito.

Para determinar si un estudiante es residente del Distrito, el Distrito le solicitará que vuelva a presentar prueba de residencia, al momento de hacer la inscripción al kindergarten, tercer grado y sexto grado. El Distrito puede llevar a cabo una investigación de domicilio antes y/o después de la inscripción inicial.

Familias nuevas

Las familias que se muden al Distrito 59 durante el verano pueden inscribir a sus hijos en el Centro Administrativo del Distrito Escolar en los días asignados o en la escuela que le corresponde durante el período regular de inscripciones en agosto.

Los padres que no puedan asistir a la inscripción en las fechas pautadas durante el periodo de inscripción en el verano deben comunicarse con la escuela correspondiente durante la primera semana de agosto.

Los padres o tutores que ingresen por primera vez al Distrito deben presentar:

  1. Una copia certificada del acta de nacimiento del estudiante
  2. Comprobante de domicilio, según lo requiere la Política de la Junta 7.60, Residencia
  3. Comprobante de vacunas o detección y el examen médico requerido, según lo requiere la ley estatal y la Política de la Junta 7.100, Exámenes de salud, visuales y dentales; vacunas y exclusión de estudiantes. Cualquier información acerca de requisitos de exámenes médicos adicionales se comunicará a los padres o tutores al momento de la inscripción.

Límites de asistencia

Los mapas del Distrito Escolar están a su disposición en todas las escuelas del Distrito, en el Centro Administrativo y en el sitio cibernético ( Si usted tiene alguna pregunta concerniente a los límites del área escolar, sírvase comunicarse con el Coordinador de Transporte en el Centro Administrativo, llamando al (847) 593-4379.

Asignación de clases

El director del plantel escolar asignará las clases a los estudiantes. El programa educativo al que se asigne un estudiante puede determinar la escuela a la que éste asistirá.

Asignación de grado

Estudiantes de traslado

En el caso de un estudiante que se traslada al Distrito 59, se aceptará la asignación de grado de la escuela pública a la que asistió previamente. La asignación de grado de una escuela no pública se aceptará si dicha escuela cuenta con un Certificado de Reconocimiento de Escuela No Pública otorgado por la Junta de Educación de Illinois. Si la escuela a la que asistió previamente el estudiante se encuentra fuera de Illinois, se aceptará la asignación de grado si dicha escuela está acreditada por la agencia estatal que rige la educación.

Para los estudiantes que provienen de una escuela no reconocida o no acreditada, se tomará en cuenta la edad o la aptitud académica demostrada al director escolar o la persona designada por este al momento de asignar un estudiante a un grado. La asignación de grado se hace a la entera discreción del Distrito. Todas las asignaciones de escuela y clase se harán de acuerdo con la Política de la Junta de Educación 7:30, Asignación de estudiantes.


Todos los niños y niñas que residen en el Distrito 59 serán elegibles para ingresar al kindergarten si cumplen los cinco años en o antes del 1º de septiembre del presente año escolar. Los padres o tutores de los estudiantes que se inscriben para el kindergarten deben entregar una copia certificada de un acta de nacimiento emitida por el gobierno. Al entregar la copia certificada del acta de nacimiento, la escuela deberá inmediatamente hacerle una copia para sus archivos, colocar la copia en el archivo temporal del estudiante y devolver el original a la persona que está inscribiendo al estudiante. No se aceptarán actas de nacimiento del hospital ni actas de bautismo. Si usted no tuviera un acta de nacimiento legal, se le aconseja que solicite una de inmediato. Los formularios de solicitud están a su disposición en las escuelas primarias. Si no estuviera disponible el acta de nacimiento, entonces se debe proporcionar al director escolar o la persona designada por este otro tipo de documento que pruebe la identidad y edad del estudiante, junto con una declaración jurada en donde se explique por qué no se puede proporcionar una copia del acta de nacimiento. Un padre o madre puede solicitar admisión temprana al kindergarten para un niño o niña que no cumpla con el requisito de edad. Se deben cumplir requisitos específicos, incluyendo presentar prueba convincente que demuestre que el estudiante está excepcionalmente avanzado en su preparación escolar comparado con otros niños de kindergarten. Las solicitudes para la admisión temprana al kindergarten deberán ser dirigidas al Director Ejecutivo de Crecimiento Estudiantil y Responsabilidad, llamando al (847) 593-4305. Para información adicional sobre los criterios y el proceso de solicitud, visite

Primer grado

Los niños y niñas serán elegibles para ingresar al primer grado si cumplen seis años en o antes del 1º de septiembre del presente año escolar. Un padre o madre puede solicitar que se considere permitirle a un niño con menos edad que la requerida que ingrese al primer grado. Un padre o madre puede solicitar admisión temprana al primer grado para un estudiante que no cumpla con el requisito de edad. Basado en una evaluación de la preparación escolar del estudiante, se puede permitir que un estudiante curse al primer grado si asistió a un programa preescolar en una escuela no pública, continuó su educación en esa escuela durante el kindergarten, recibió instrucción de un maestro debidamente acreditado, cumplirá los seis años en o antes del 31 de diciembre y reúne requisitos adicionales establecidos por el Distrito 59, los cuales incluyen evidencia convincente de que el estudiante se encuentra excepcionalmente avanzado en la preparación escolar comparado con otros estudiantes de primer grado. Las solicitudes para la admisión temprana al primer grado deberán ser dirigidas al Director Ejecutivo de Crecimiento Estudiantil y Responsabilidad, llamando al (847) 593-4305. Para información adicional, visite

Inscripción de los estudiantes que se trasladan al Distrito 59

Los estudiantes que se trasladan de otro distrito escolar deberán presentar un Formulario de Traslado (o el formulario equivalente para estudiantes que se trasladan de otro estado) de la escuela anterior que indique si el estudiante tiene un “buen historial” (conocido en inglés como good standing); por ejemplo, que no se encuentre actualmente suspendido o expulsado o esté expuesto a suspensión o expulsión, o independientemente de sus récords médicos están completos y al día. Los récords académicos y de salud deberán solicitarse a la escuela anterior. Los formularios para hacerlo se obtienen al momento de la inscripción en la escuela.

Todos los estudiantes de traslado que se encuentren sirviendo una suspensión o expulsión de cualquier escuela pública o privada fuera del estado o en Illinois deben completar el término completo de su suspensión o expulsión y cumplir con todos los requisitos de domicilio antes de ser inscritos en Community Consolidated School District 59.

Si no se indica la duración de su suspensión o expulsión del estudiante, el Superintendente hará una recomendación y la Junta de Educación determinará la duración de la suspensión o expulsión. Las expulsiones que no especifiquen la duración no deben exceder más de dos años a partir de la fecha de expulsión.

Los padres pueden solicitar que se revise la expulsión de su hijo(a) de la escuela de la cual se está trasladando solamente cuando:

(a) la expulsión anterior haya sido impuesta por una escuela privada y
(b) la expulsión anterior no fue por razones relacionadas con la conducta o historial disciplinario del estudiante.

La solicitud de revisión de expulsión debe presentarse al Superintendente, quien puede recomendar a la Junta Educativa que el estudiante se inscriba antes de que concluya el término de la expulsión.

Cuando exista un programa apropiado, la Junta de Educación, a su discreción y luego de considerar la recomendación del Superintendente, puede ubicar al estudiante de traslado en un programa alternativo durante la duración de la suspensión o expulsión del estudiante.

Traslado fuera del Distrito 59

Cuando un estudiante se va a trasladar fuera del Distrito 59, es necesario notificar a la oficina de la escuela la nueva dirección lo antes posible. El padre o tutor deberá firmar el formulario de Consentimiento para Divulgar Información que se puede obtener en la oficina de la escuela. La firma del Consentimiento para Divulgar Información permitirá transferir copias de los archivos médicos y escolares a la nueva escuela del estudiante.

Los estudiantes que se trasladen a otra escuela pública en Illinois deben presentar un Formulario de Traslado del Estudiante a la nueva escuela, indicando si el estudiante tiene un “buen historial” (en inglés, good standing) y si los archivos médicos están al corriente y completos. El Formulario de Traslado del Estudiante está disponible en la escuela de su hijo(a). Para transferir a un estudiante de escuela presecundaria (junior high), el estudiante deberá darse de baja al final de cada clase en su último día de clases. La oficina de la escuela entonces le proporcionará un Formulario de Traslado del Estudiante. Ningún distrito de escuela pública tiene permitido admitir a un estudiante de nuevo ingreso a menos que el estudiante presente el Formulario de Traslado del Estudiante de la escuela pública anterior a la que asistió en el estado de Illinois.

A la familia de un estudiante que se mude fuera del Distrito durante el transcurso del año escolar se le permitirá asistir a la escuela hasta que termine el año escolar sin pagar la inscripción. El transporte del estudiante de ida y vuelta de la escuela correrá por cuenta del padre o tutor.

Opciones de asistencia alternativa (traslados abiertos)

Los padres o tutores de un estudiante pueden solicitar que el estudiante sea trasladado a una escuela del Distrito que no sea la escuela a la que ha sido asignado. Los procedimientos para procesar las solicitudes de traslado dentro del Distrito se realizan de acuerdo con la Política de la Junta 7.30, Asignación de los estudiantes, y la correspondiente reglamentación y prueba. Los estudiantes cuyas solicitudes de traslado hayan sido aprobadas serán responsables por proporcionar su propio transporte.

Procedimientos para los traslados abiertos

Cada año, antes del 1º de mayo, uno de los padres o tutores deberá completar un Formulario de solicitud de traslado abierto para el próximo año escolar y presentarlo a la Oficina del Superintendente.

El Equipo de Liderazgo Administrativo revisará lo siguiente:
a. razón de los padres o tutores para el traslado
b. análisis del entorno educativo
c. disponibilidad de espacio
d. disponibilidad de servicios de apoyo

La Oficina del Superintendente determinará si existe disponibilidad de espacio y los servicios de apoyo necesarios en la escuela a la que se ha solicitado traslado durante el término escolar. El Superintendente será responsable de tomar la decisión final sobre la solicitud de traslado abierto.

Los padres recibirán notificación de la decisión antes de terminar el presente año escolar. Si se aprueba la solicitud, los padres tendrán la responsabilidad de proporcionar transporte al estudiante de ida y vuelta de la escuela. Si no se aprueba la solicitud de traslado para el siguiente año escolar, el estudiante asistirá a la escuela a la que ha sido asignado sin importar a la escuela del Distrito a la que haya estado asistiendo.

El padre o madre tiene la responsabilidad de asegurarse de que el estudiante llegue a tiempo a la escuela y sea recogido al final del día escolar todos los días. El transporte de ida y vuelta a la escuela es responsabilidad de los padres de los estudiantes a quienes se les aprobó un traslado abierto. Es posible que se proporcione servicio de transporte, pagado por el/los padre(s), si el estudiante puede caminar hasta una parada existente de autobús.

Asistencia de medio tiempo

El Distrito acepta estudiantes de escuelas no públicas, incluyendo estudiantes de escuelas parroquiales y estudiantes que son educados en casa, que vivan dentro del Distrito, para que asistan medio tiempo al programa de educación regular, si hay espacio disponible. La petición para asistir medio tiempo debe presentarla el director de la escuela no pública al director de la escuela del área donde reside el estudiante. Todas las peticiones para el siguiente año escolar deben presentarse antes del 1º de mayo.

Los estudiantes que sean aceptados para asistir medio tiempo deben cumplir con todos los requisitos de disciplina y asistencia que establece la escuela. Un estudiante de medio tiempo puede asistir a una actividad cocurricular asociada con la clase en la cual él o ella esté inscrito. El/Los padre(s) o tutor(es) del estudiante que sea aceptado para asistir medio tiempo a la escuela es/son responsable(s) por todos los gastos, calculados de forma proporcional a base de un porcentaje de las cuotas de un estudiante de tiempo completo. A los estudiantes de escuelas no públicas se les proporciona transporte de ida y vuelta a un punto en la ruta más cercano o accesible a la escuela no pública o el hogar del estudiante. Este servicio se proporciona basado en el mismo servicio de transporte que proporciona el Distrito a sus estudiantes de tiempo completo. Todo transporte fuera de las rutas de autobús establecidas será responsabilidad de los padres o tutores.

Estudiantes con discapacidad

El Distrito aceptará a aquellos estudiantes con discapacidades que vivan dentro del Distrito y que estén inscritos en escuelas no públicas para que puedan asistir medio tiempo. La petición debe ser presentada por el padre o tutor del estudiante. A estos estudiantes se les proporcionarán servicios de educación especial tan pronto como sea posible después de que se sigan los procedimientos de identificación, evaluación y ubicación establecidos por las leyes estatales. A estos estudiantes se les proporcionará transporte de la misma manera que se hace con los estudiantes de educación general que asisten a medio tiempo, a menos que el programa de educación individualizada del estudiante requiera lo contrario basado en la discapacidad del estudiante o según lo requiera el programa de educación especial.

Estudiantes sin hogar

Los estudiantes sin hogar pueden asistir a las escuelas del distrito si: (a) residieron en el área de asistencia del Distrito cuando tenían un hogar permanente o la última vez que fueron inscritos en la escuela; o (b) están actualmente viviendo dentro del área de asistencia del Distrito. Un estudiante sin hogar será automáticamente admitido, aunque el padre o tutor no pueda presentar los documentos generalmente requeridos para inscribirse, tales como prueba de domicilio, récords médicos u otros documentos.

A los estudiantes sin hogar se les proporcionará acceso igual a todos los programas y servicios educativos para los que sean elegibles y a los que los estudiantes con hogar tienen acceso, incluyendo servicios de transporte, servicios educativos y alimentación a través de programas de alimentos escolares. Los estudiantes sin hogar no serán estigmatizados por el personal de la escuela.

Se puede obtener más información acerca de los derechos educativos de los estudiantes sin hogar comunicándose con la Persona de Enlace del Estudiante sin Hogar dentro del Distrito:

Karen Starr
Superintendente Auxiliar de Servicios Educativos
(847) 593-4335

Regreso al índice

0 thoughts on “Il School Code Residency Personal Statement”


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *