Hairdresser Cover Letter
Hairdressers help their clients improve physical appearance by giving haircuts and styling hair. Typical work activities of a Hairdresser include: advising clients on haircare needs, making styling recommendations, developing hairstyles for formal events, selling styling products and demonstrating their features, maintaining client records, sanitizing utensils, applying hair dye, and applying hot towel treatments. Hairdressers can work for a salon or be self-employed, in which case they’ll need to handle self-promotion.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for Hairdresser, job requirements include:
- Hairstyling experience
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination
- Customer service orientation
- Patience and being able to work on their feet for long hours
- Knowledge of the latest beauty trends
- A friendly personality
- Self-promotion skills
- Good listening skills
The example of a successful Hairdresser cover letter example showcasing similar skills is displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Hairdresser Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Wenz:
Upon learning of your search for a new Hairdresser to join your styling team at Courtney’s Salon, I was eager to submit my resume for your consideration. As a highly skilled and client-centric professional with more than six years of hair styling experience, I am confident that I could make a significant contribution to your salon.
As a graduate from the respected Gary Manuel Beauty Academy in Seattle, my education coupled with my experience is sure to make me an immediate asset to your team. My expertise lies in actively listening to clients and providing an outstanding level of service to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and a generous repeat and referral customer base. With my talent for consulting with clients and up-selling salon services, I am excited to put my knowledge and skills to work for your salon and ensure optimal client experiences.
The following skills demonstrate my qualifications for this position:
- Performing comprehensive hair styling services—including cuts, color processing, highlights, and specialty treatments—while striving to ensure full client satisfaction with the end results.
- Maintaining a return customer rate of 96.9% as a stylist with Heather Mackey Salon & Spa in La Jolla, CA.
- Personally maintaining a book of 53 clients; scheduling appointments, demonstrating and selling products, and educating customers on techniques to achieve and maintain healthy hair.
- Fostering rewarding relationships with customers through my comprehensive hair care and product knowledge and my warm, personable demeanor.
- Keeping abreast of new and emerging style trends, and attending ongoing training classes and workshops to advance technique and knowledge.
I am confident in my ability to provide outstanding hair styling services to new and existing customers, and I am prepared to enhance client satisfaction and exceed your expectations for this role.
I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, further. Thank you for your consideration, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Hair Stylist Cover Letter and Resume Examples
When you are applying for a job, the first thing the hiring manager sees is your cover letter, even before they take a look at your resume. To make sure they want to see that next page, you need to compose a cover letter that gets their attention and highlights a few relevant skills and experiences.
Your cover letter shouldn’t reiterate what is on your resume, but rather, call attention to a few details that make you perfect for the position.
Here's an example of a cover letter for a hair stylist position.
Hair Stylist Cover Letter Example
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. Firstname Lastname,
I would like to express my strong interest in your hair stylist position at Shear Hair Salon. With years of experience as a hair stylist and colorist for a wide client base, I know my skill and versatility would make me an asset to your salon.
I have over five years of experience working as a hair stylist for a variety of people and hair types. I graduated from the ABC School of Hair Design and Cosmetology, where I gained over 1,000 hours of experience styling, coloring, and treating hair. I subsequently worked for four years at La Flor Hair Salon, where I honed my skills and also learned new treatments, including balayage and keratin treatments.
My clients recommend me to others for my skill and versatility.
You state in your job posting that you want a hair stylist who can also work part-time at the reception desk. Having worked as a receptionist for a spa and a hair salon, I am very comfortable communicating with clients both on the phone and in person.
Both clients and employers have praised my strong communication skills, and I am confident I can bring those skills to a position at your salon.
I have attached my resume and the two requested recommendations for your review. I will call your office next week to arrange a time to speak in person about my qualifications. Thank you for considering my application.
Your Signature (hard copy letter)
Hair Stylist Resume Example
This resume example for a hair stylist includes sections on education, related experience, and other experience. Because this applicant has limited work experience as a hair stylist, she includes jobs in which she developed related skills, including jobs in administrative and secretarial work.
If you do not have much experience in the industry in which you are applying for a job, include experiences (paid work, volunteer work, and internships) in which you developed skills that are applicable to the industry.
Home: 692-555-1234 Cell: 789-555-5432
6815 Randolph Avenue
Oak Park, IL 60302
ABC School of Hair Design Cosmetology, Chicago, IL, May 20XX
Spent over 1000 hours studying hair styling as well as color and treatments for certification
Received Award for Strongest Work Ethic with Certification
Oak Park River Forest High School, Oak Park, IL, May 20XX
Overall GPA 3.38
Clubs: Paint and Sketch Club, Theater, Yearbook Committee
Athletics: Gymnastics Squad Captain
Hair Stylist and Colorist,Swan Beauty Parlor, Chicago, IL
- Color and treat dozens of clients' hair weekly with state of the art techniques
- Introduced Brazilian Keratin treatment to the salon
- Schedule appointments for clients with myself and 18 other employees
- Selected Employee of the Month twice since start of employment for attention to detail and customer service
Hair Stylist,Sweet Dreams Beauty Salon, River Forest, IL
Summer 20XX-Fall 20XX
- Cut and styled hair, specializing in hairstyles for bridal and prom parties
- Responsible for waxing and threading
- Trained in applying Brazilian Keratin treatment
Assistant/Receptionist, Oak Park Beauty, Oak Park, IL
Fall 20XX-Summer 20XX
- Greeted and welcomed clients into the waiting area, serving coffee and tea as well as taking coats
- Scheduled clients' appointments with all employees
- Swept cut hair and cleaned shampooing stations
- Lead role in The Sound of Music, Spring 20XX
- Headed the Yearbook Committee Fall-Spring 20XX and designed the cover
- Designed and painted a mural on one side of Oak Park River Forest High School representing the city of Chicago as part of a fundraiser for Child Cancer Research, Spring 20XX
Sending an Email Cover Letter
If you're sending your cover letter via email, list your name and the job title in the subject line of the email message:
Subject: Hair Stylist Position - Your Name
Include your contact information in your email signature, and don't list the employer contact information. Start your email message with the salutation. Here's an example of a formatted email cover letter.
More Sample Cover Letters
Cover letter samples and templates for a variety of career fields and employment levels, including entry-level, targeted and email cover letters for many different jobs.
Please Note: This sample is provided for guidance only. The provided information, including samples and examples, is not guaranteed for accuracy or legality. Letters and other correspondence should be edited to fit your personal situation.