Along with new weapons and maps, Battlefield 3's Back to Karkand DLC introduces a new feature called "Assignments". Battlefield 3 assignments which are new with the Back to Karkand expansion are objective-based tasks you perform to earn rewards.
Back to Karkand includes ten new assignments – 2 for each class and 2 for All Kits). Each assignment you complete rewards you with one of the 10 new weapons that appear in the latest expansion.
Below is the full list of the Battlefield 3 Assignments that you need to complete to unlock all ten Back to Karkand weapons, including what objective you need to fulfill to completed it.
- Best Friends Forever – unlocks the FAMAS
- Professional Russian – unlocks the L85A2
- 200 kills with Assault Rifles
- 20 kills with underbarrel grenade launcher
- Win 5 rounds of Squad Deathmatch
- Fixing It – unlocks the HK53
- 10 Repairs
- Kill 1 enemy with Repair torch
- It goes Boom! – unlocks the QBZ-95B
- 50 AT Rocket kills
- Destroy 1 enemy vehicle with Repair torch
- Win 5 rounds of conquest
- Let it Rain – unlocks the QBB-95
- 20 kills with LMGs
- 2 Mortar kills
- Keep your Head Down – unlocks the MG36
- 100 Kills with LMGs
- 50 Suppression assists
- 50 Ammo resupplies
- Specops – unlocks the QBU-88 (Type 88 Sniper)
- 20 kills with sniper rifles
- 5 laser designations
- Creeping Death – unlocks the L96A1
- 50 Headshots (this doesn't specify with sniper rifles)
- 50 Spot assists
- 5 Knife takedowns
- Familiar Territory – unlocks the QBB-95
- Arm 10 Mcoms
- Capture 10 flags
- Play 2 hours of Karkand
- Scarred Veteran – unlocks the MK3A1 Jackhammer
- 10 Kills with PP19
- 5 Kills in DPV Jeep
- 10 Kills in BTR-90 IFV
- 2 hours of Sharqi
- 2 hours of Gulf of Oman
Battlefield 3 Back to Karkand is already available for PS3, and is slated to release for Xbox 360 and PC tomorrow, December 13th.
Assignments are a feature in Battlefield 3 that reward players with additional content upon completion and were first introduced in the Back to Karkand expansion. The release of downloadable content has resulted in a total of 40 assignments (10 Back to Karkand, Close Quarters and Aftermath, 5 Armored Kill and End Game.)
Back to Karkand
Close Quarters introduced ten new assignments and were revealed through the June Maintenance of Battlelog.
Armored Kill introduced five new assignments which were revealed on September 3, 2012. Since the pack contains no new weapons, the assignments unlock vehicle specializations and, unlike most assignments in other expansions, can only be completed on the respective maps.
Aftermath introduced ten new assignments that were revealed on November 20, 2012 through maintenance on Battlelog. These pertain to the expansion's new weapon, the XBOW, and dog-tags.